Its common knowledge that on the 17th of March Ben Player was in a recent surfing injury coming off second best with a torn Spleen. Helplessly laying on his back at the bottom of an Irish cliff-face awaiting a helicopters assistance, Ben must have thought things couldn’t get much worse. Just over 2 months on Ben Player has grown to enjoy the benefits of a torn Spleen. Why you ask? Well now your going to have to keep reading. Here it is from the horses mouth..
5 Best Things about a torn Spleen with Ben Player:
1) You get loads of messages from everyone. It was so cool to receive so many well wishes from people from all across the globe.
2) You have an excuse to sleep and not do anything. For a month after the injury I couldn’t do much more than pick up a cup of water for risk of increasing my blood pressure and internally bleeding again.
3) You have some time out to get some perspective on where you’re at in life and where you want to head. It’s rare to get the opportunity to step out of what you love to see ways you can make it better.
4) You get your mum to cook you amazing meals because she wants to look after you and care for you.
5) You have an excuse to drive to check the waves on cold mornings, even though it is only a 2 minute walk up the road.
Thats a wrap. Convincing enough? Go break a leg.
Ben Player in recovery mode… Photo: Jack Johns.